I have assembled a list of 5 electronic acts that I believe you should most definitely see at Suwannee Hulaween this October. Hulaween is set inside The Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park along side the world famous Suwannee River. This venue will be transformed to fully immerse the festival-goer into a dream-like space filled with hypnotic lights, art installations, live art performers including dancers, painters and fire/metal workers, and a wide variety of music to enhance the experience. You can grab tickets to the festival and see what it’s all about on their website. (Featured Image was taken by Fraxior)
1. Justin Martin has built himself quite the reputation in the dance music scene over the past 15 years and has collected a very genuine following along the way. Notorious for his innovative productions, Martin incorporates a mixture of funk and soul with basslines grimy enough to make your Momz shake her ass like she did in her prom dress back in ’81. Justin Martin’s sophomore album, Hello Clouds, was arguably the best electronic release in 2016. “Hello Clouds” showed Martin’s ability to represent a wide range of sounds from all over the genre spectrum, as he often does in his DJ sets. Martin, alongside Claude VonStroke, is the co-founder of Dirtybird which is one of the most successful records labels in dance music. Dirtybird has pushed limits since it began in 2005 with Claude VonStroke and Justin Martin leading the way. The label has established a crew of Dirtybird Players who can be seen and heard all over the world. Justin Martin’s set at Hulaween is one that I highly advise you to attend and bring your friends with you. Expect the unexpected as he might hit you with a wide variety of funky house tunes, grimy drum n bass topped off with some bass heavy break beats that’ll have your body moving all night long underneath the starlit Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park.
2. OTT, UK native, is an artist who has mastered the art of twisting physical and mental feelings through sound and visuals. His ability to send your mind far beyond its normal level of thinking lies behind his bass heavy rhythms and metaphysical soundscapes that are all tied together by his mind boggling visuals. As you stand in front of OTT as he performs your body will be moving uncontrollably to the oddly satisfying mixture of melodic bass, heavy drums and psychedelic visuals. Seeing OTT is an experience that you will forever look back upon with a sense of confusion as to what actually took place, in a good way. OTT has tailored his very own journey through sound and Hulaween has given us the opportunity to experience this firsthand.
3. Minnesota will be getting our weekend at Hulaween started off the right way as he will be playing the official pre-party on Thursday alongside names such as Papadosio and The Floozies. Minnesota has made a name for himself in the dance music scene with countless EPs and massive remixes for Adventure Club and Bassnectar. The California native has fully emerged himself into the bass scene over the years as he shows no signs stopping and no signs of limiting himself to one genre. Minnesota has released drum n bass, dubstep and future bass and continues to push boundaries with his originals, remixes and live dj sets. Minnesota also runs his own record label, Outer Realms, which is a forward-thinking electronic label that gives Minnesota and other artists the ability to expand listeners horizons through sound.
4. Dave Tipper is an artist that absolutely needs no introduction to those in the dance music scene. One of the ultimate boundary pushers in electronic music, Tipper has gained somewhat of a cult following because of his futuristic sound and ridiculous visuals. Tipper’s visuals are a mix between the work of Android Jones, Johnathon Singer and Dave Tipper himself. The artistic ability behind these artists brings Dave Tipper’s music to a whole new level which gives us a complete mind and body experience. Similar to OTT, Tipper takes his crowds on a journey through sound by exposing them to a massive collection of sounds and frequencies which are complemented by psychedelic visuals. Dave Tipper is an artist who is looking to expose people to an experience of sight and sound. Prepare yourself for something that is unlike anything you have witnessed before, if you have been blessed by a Tipper live set before you know exactly what I am talking about.
5. FISHER aka Paul Fisher is a former professional surfer who has been djing for roughly 12 years and producing for around 8 years. Paul Fisher is half of the electronic duo Cut Snake which has achieved international success for their deep and pure house productions and their groovy dj sets. Fisher broke through the dance music scene with his debut release “Ya Kidding” which was released on Dirtybird back in 2017. His solo project has blown up as his tracks have been absolutely crushing clubs and festivals over the past year. Jam packed with passion and happiness and the motivation to make you shake your ass, FISHER is going to be one of the most fun acts to catch at Hulaween. This Australian man is loving life at the moment and he will definitely put a smile on your face and some soreness in your hips as he brings the heat at Hulaween.